Clintonville, WI Accident Feb 1947
Monoxide Claims Lives Of Couple
Overcome While Sitting In Car At Tilleda
The lives of two young persons were lost Tuesday in a tragedy at Tilleda in Shawano county.
They were HELEN GROSSKOPF, 23, Tilleda, and ARNOLD FUHRMAN, also 23, Bowler.
Their bodies were found by Lowell Grosskopf, the girl's brother, in a car parked in front of the Grosskopf residence, the motor still running. Carbon nomoxide fumes from a faulty exhaust pipe caused their deaths.
The young coupld had returned Tuesday night from a dance at Bowler and were sitting in the car when the deadly monoxide gas overcame both.
Coroner Harvey Stubenvoll said the deaths clearly were accidental and that there would be no inquest. He found a flaw in the exhaust pipe which accounted for the gas seeping into the car.
The girl was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Grosskopf, Tilleda, and the young man was the son of Mr. and Mrs. H. G. Fuhrman, Bowler.
Young Fuhrman's body was taken to the Uttormark funeral home in Tigerton and Miss Grosskopf's body was removed to the Karth funeral home in Shawano.
Funeral arrangements are incomplete.
Clintonville, WI Clintonville Tribune-Gazette 20 Feb 1947