Endeavor, WI Fire, Nov 1909
Fire broke out in a barn in the rear of William Pattee’s grocery store at Endeavor one day last week, which at one time threatened to destroy the business portion of the village. By valiant service on the part of the bucket brigade, however, the flames were confined to the barn which was destroyed. The seriousness of the conflagration was no doubt relieved by the heroic work of Mr. Pattee and a neighbor, Mr. Smith, who rushed into the burning building and rolled out a big barrel of gasoline, which had been placed there a day or two before. Both men were slightly singed by the flames while attempting to rescue the barrel. Mr. Pattee is a brother of Frank Pattee of this city and resided for many years in Stockton and in this city.
The Stevens Point Journal, Stevens Point, WI 20 Nov 1909
Search Wisconsin Birth, Death, Marriage and other records Vital Records, searchable by surname. Find your ancestors.