Logan, WV House Fire, Dec 1964

HOUSE FIRE KILLS FOUR CHILDREN.

Logan, W.Va. -- Four children burned to death last night near Logan, West Virginia, while their parents, MR. and MRS. ROBERT MINTNER, were away shopping. The two boys and two girls, ranging in age from 4 years to 9 months, were trapped in an upstairs bedroom by the fire, which firemen said might have been started by a faulty gas heater.
State police said they had been left in the care of their 13 year old aunt, who was having dinner with her family next door when the fire broke out.

Waterloo Daily Courier Iowa 1964-12-20