Seattle, WA House Fire, Jan 1942

PIPE OVERHEATS, DESTROYS HOME

Fire started by an overheated stove pipe destroyed the residence of Mr. and Mrs. Alfred E. Ackley, 9601 California Ave., about noon yesterday. Loss was estimated at $3,000.

The house was unoccupied when the fire started. Ackley, working in the yard, saw the flames and summoned aid. Although the home was outside the city limits, city firemen reported to the call and attempted to save the home.

Ackley, a mail carrier, and his wife lived in the home about a year.

Seattle Daily Times, Seattle, WA 18 Jan 1942