Port Townsend, WA House Fire, Jun 1910

J. M. HUTCHISON'S HOME HAD NARROW ESCAPE

The home of J. M. Hutchison in the Fifth Ward had a narrow escape Sunday from being destroyed by fire. The building caught fire from a defective chimney. An alarm was turned in and the department sent the hose carriage to the scene as speedily as possible and notwithstanding the great distance reached there in time to extinguish the fire before any great damage had been done. A strong wind was blowing and it seems almost miraculous that the building was saved.

Port Townsend Daily Leader, Port Townsend, WA 28 Jun 1910