St. Albans, VT Scalded by Steam from Locomotive, Jun 1908

Badly Scalded by Steam.

C. R. Smith, of Messenger st., who is employed by the Central Vermont railway as an engineer, was badly scalded about the head and face Friday. While working under the engine, at Randolph, he opened the cylinder cock which allowed the steam to escape upon him. He was brought to his home, in this city and it is expected that he will soon recover from the effects of the accident.

St. Albans Daily Messenger, St. Albans, VT 25 Jun 1908