Whiteman Chapel, TX Fireplace Accident, Mar 1911

Children Severely Burned.

Special to The News.

Clarksville, Tex., March 21.---Frances Dillard, the 5-year-old granddaughter of J. E. McIlhenney, who lives in the Whiteman Chapel community, was burned about the face and hands yesterday morning while playing near an open fireplace in a room at the residence of her grandparent, with whom she makes her home. Sparks from the fireplace are thought to have been the cause of the child's clothing catching. While not believed to be serious, her injuries are extremely painful. Another child, who was in the room at the time of the accident, was also burned about the hands and face in an attempt to extinguish the burning clothing of the Dillard child.

Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX 22 Mar 1911