Stanton, TX Explosion and Fire, Mar 1909

STANTON HAS $40,000 FIRE FROM GASOLINE

Explosion of Bath Heater in Barber Shop Burns Several Business Houses.

BIG SPRINGS, Texas, March 27.---A fire which originated in the barber shop of Will Evans about 7 o'clock this morning at Stanton, from a gasoline bath heater, did $40,000 damage. The Home National Bank, J. L. Hall's drug store. Will Evans' barbership[sic] and the restaurant of Cox & Morrow were burned with their fixtures and stock. The loss is practically covered by insurance.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Fort Worth, TX 27 Mar 1909