Bryan, TX Fire, Jan 1894



Bryan, Brazos Co., Tex., Jan. 2.----Fire was discovered about 3 o'clock this morning in the second story of John Q. Tabor's carriage house. The fire was well under way when water was turned on. The flames spread both ways and burned half a block of buildings, as follows: Hortnaris & McCorquodales, blacksmith shop, $2000, insurance $700; saved $150 in tools. M. Bonnevilles residences, loss $10,000, insurance on house and furniture $3000; some of the furniture and silverware was saved. John Q. Tabor, loss about $600, with insurance on stock of $1500; most of his vehicles were saved. W. A. Reeds, residence, damaged $500, covered by insurance. Mrs. Ringers, residence, damage to household goods $400, no insurance. The carriage house, blacksmith shop and other buildings on the block belonged to Ira Gooch, who estimates his loss at $3000, with $1275 insurance.

Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX 3 Jan 1894