123

Dallas, TX Rooming House Fire, Jun 1924

SLEEPERS ENDANGERED BY EARLY MORNING FIRE.

Five persons narrowly escaped being trapped in a flaming rooming house at 3 o’clock Tuesday morning when a structure at 518 Browder street caught fire from undetermined cause. A. E. Claxton, a roomer, gave the alarm and four other persons rushed to safety. Mrs. Rose Berge, operator of the rooming house, handed her 4 months old baby through a window to Mr. Claxton and then ran to safety. Claxton previously knocked the glass from the window from the outside and awakened Mrs. Berge.

The loss is estimated at about $6,000.

Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX 4 Jun 1924

123
123