Connellsville, PA Gas Explosion, Apr 1910

Gas Explosion Severely Burns D. R. Reagan

As the result of an explosion of gas Tuesday David R. Reagan, a well known B. & O. engineer, is suffering from burns about the face and head. The Reagans recently moved from East Murphy avenue into a house on East Gibson avenue, owned by the Guiler heirs.

Mr. Reagan last evening turned on the gas in a jet in one of the bed rooms and without turning it off he went to the cellar and turned on the gas there. Returning to the bed room he struck a match and the explosion followed. The gas had accumulated about the room. One of the large windows was blown out and the ceiling ignited. The fire was extinguished before any great damage was done. Dr. L. P. McCormick was summoned and dressed Reagan's burns.

The fire started by the explosion was extinguished before it did much damage.

The Weekly Courier, Connellsville, PA 21 Apr 1910