Braddock, PA Oil Can Explosion, Jun 1892
The Deadly Oil Can
Two men were burned to death and others badly injured by the explosion of an oil can, in a Hungarian boarding house at Braddock, on Saturday. It was the old story of trying to light a fire with kerosene. DeKVOA vitch[sic] made the attempt and he is dead. So also is MICHAEL KRAL. The injured are Joseph Plavoticz a one legged man whose remaining leg was so injured that it may have to be amputated. Frank Plavoticz both ears burned off, and his face and arms terribly burned, Winto Burtico, feet burned.
The Courier, Connellsville, PA 10 Jun 1892