Pendleton, OR Fire, Jun 1915
Pendleton Had Fire
Structure Built in 1878 and Formerly Postoffice Destroyed.
Pendleton, or., June 4.-(Special.)-Fire of unknown origin last night gutted the old Bailey building at Water and Main Streets, one of Pendleton’s oldest structures and practically the last frame building in the business section. The building, a three-story structure, was erected in 1878 and during its early days was used as a post office, stage office and town hall.
It was acquired some years ago by the Methodist Church, as a site for a new edifice, but the plans were abandoned and the property was sold to the Knights of Pythias, who contemplate erecting a $35,000 lodge home on the site.
Oregonian, Portland, OR 5 Jun 1915