Cleveland, OH Fatal House Fire, Feb 1899

GIRL JUMPS TO HER DEATH

Miss Zedenka Pick to Escape Flames Make a Fatal Leap.

CLEVELAND, O., Feb. 13--An early morning fire at the home of Anton Pick, a Bohemian, living at 80 Brooklyn street, resulted in fatal injuries to a 16 year old girl, Zedenka Pick, and serious injuries to her brothers, Otto and Frank Pick. An overheated stove set the house on fire while the children were still asleep, and blinding smoke awoke them, only to find the stairway a mass of flames. All three jumped from the second-story window to the hard, frozen ground, the girl alighting on her head and shoulders. She was taken to the Cleveland hospital, where her injuries were found to be fatal.

Fort Wayne News, Fort Wayne, IN 13 Feb 1899