New York, NY Restaurant Boiler Explosion, Feb 1901

The cold weather to-day was responsible for the injury of three persons, one of whom will die. Frozen during the night, the boiler in Max Herzke's restaurant in West Twenty-eighth street blew up shortly after a fire was built under it to-day. A gas range was overturned and fire started. The explosion wrecked the restaurant and threw the proprietor, his wife and the woman cook unconscious to the floor. Before firemen could rescue them all three had been burned. Mrs. Herzke fatally. The customers in the place escaped unhurt, but several of the waitress were slightly injured.

Syracuse Herald, Syracuse, NY 7 Feb 1910