Greenland, NH Mahoney House and Barn Fire, Jan 1899


House, Barn and Outbuildings of Daniel Mahoney Burned This Morning.

Shortly after 9 o'clock this morning the barn of Daniel Mahoney in Greenland was discovered to be on fire and an hour later the barn, house and outbuildings were a mass of charred ruins.

The first known of the fire was when Mrs. Mahoney looked out of a window and saw the blaze coming through the roof of the barn. The alarm was quickly given but in spite of prompt work on the part of neighbors the flames spread and everything was destroyed.

The Portsmouth Herald, Portsmouth, NH 30 Jan 1899