123

Monroe Township, MI House Fire, 1967

Monroe Town Fire Chief Warren Marshall stated that this was the first loss of life of children in the history of the department which was started in 1941. A 4 am house fire that had been smoldering for some time put the parents of the children in the hospital Mr. and Mrs. Ray Carter, The Children Debra age 3 was able to escape the fire with here parents. Patrica age 10 and Christine age 6 passed away in the fire. Fire Fighter Toburen received 2 and 3 degree burns attempting to rescue the children.

123