North Turner, ME House and Barn Fire, Sept 1890

BUILDINGS BURNED

Cause Supposed to be an Exploded Lantern

LEWISTON, Sept 25. The buildings on Beal's [? illegible] Place, in North Turner, owned by Homer [?] Harlow were burned this morning. One house, thirteen cows and several swine with a stack of hay and farming tools were burned. Most of the furniture in the house was saved. The cause is supposed to be the explosion of a lantern. Loss estimated at $2,500.

Bangor Daily Whig and Courier, Bangor, MA 26 Sept 1890