North Vassalboro, ME House Fire, May 1903
NORTH VASSALBORO BLAZE.
Damage of $400 to Dwelling House, Friday Morning.
North Vassalboro, Me., May 1.--(Special)--A small dwelling house at this place, owned by the American Woolen Co., and occupied by one of its operatives named Horsfall and his family, was partially destroyed by fire, Friday forenoon. The fire caught in a chamber around the chimney. The high wind made a fire in the village look serious, but with the aid of the hose from the mill, the fire was soon under control. The loss is about $400; covered by insurance. Most of the household furnishings were saved.
Daily Kennebec Journal, Augusta, ME 2 May 1903