Fort Wayne, IN Centlivre Bicycle Gear Case Works Fire, Feb 1898

Two Factory Fires

Stoves are Overheated

The Centlivre Gear Case Works Damages

This morning about the time for beginning work, a fire was discovered at the Centlivre Bicycle Gear Case works, at the corner of East Superior street and Spy Run avenue. The fire was discovered near the heating stove and had gained some headway when the fire department arrived. The men were active and in a few moments the blaze was under control. The damage will not exceed $200. The fire is supposed to have started from an overheated stove. The gas pressure came on suddenly in the night.

Fort Wayne News, Fort Wayne, IN 4 Feb 1898