Leadville, CO Rooming House and Restaurant Fire, Nov 1914

$50,000 IS DESTROYED IN LEADVILLE BLAZE

Leadville, Colo., Nov. 30.—Fire early this morning broke out in the rooming house above the Clinton restaurant, destroying that building, the Electric laundry, adjoining, and partially ruining Lindsay’s paint shop. The loss is estimated at $50,000, with very little insurance. The Clinton restaurant formerly was owned by George Clarke, in 1883, 1884 and 1885. Clarke now conducts a restaurant in Denver.

Denver Post, Denver, CO 30 Nov 1914