Port Ludlow, WA House Fire, Jan 1905

FIRE AT HOME OF CYRUS WALKER AT PORT LUDLOW

PORT LUDLOW, Jan. 5.--Fire yesterday morning did damage estimated at $8,000 at the residence of Cyrus Walker, manager of the Puget Mill Co. By the use of plenty of water and a large force of men the fire was kept confined to the north wing. It was discovered around the chimney and had gained considerable headway before a stream was put on. The elegant furnishings of the home were almost totally ruined by smoke and water.

Port Townsend Daily Leader, Port Townsend, WA 6 Jan 1905