Richford, VT House Fire, Mar 1900

FIRE AT RICHFORD.

David Grant's House Nearly Destroyed This Forenoon.

(Special to the Messenger.)

Richford, March 28--David Grant's house north of the elevator caught fire at 9:40 o'clock this forenoon and was nearly destroyed. Will Wright and Frank Puffer gave the alarm and both hose companies responded. The nearest hydrant was over 50 rods away, but good work was done.

The main part of the house was gutted and the ell part badly damaged. The goods were saved in a damaged condition.

The buildings and goods were insured for $1500 in the Vermont Mutual Fire Insurance Company. The loss will be from $500 to $800.

Grant is in Franklin working for the Franklin County Creamery Association. He bought the house last fall.

Albans Daily Messenger, St. Albans, VT 28 Mar 1900