Skip to Content

Barre, VT Barber Shop Explosion, Feb 1900

BARRE BARBER SHOP BLOWS UP.

Explosion of a Hot Water Heater Wrecks a Building and Knocks Man Senseless.

(Special to the Messenger.)

BARRE, Feb. 26.--A hot water heater exploded this morning in the barber shop of William Miers on Main street, blowing out the front of the shop and sending several pieces of the heater through the walls into the adjoining stores.

Fred Beckman, one of the three barbers in the shop at the time, was knocked senseless and at noon had not recovered consciousness. He was hurt about the head but it is not yet known how seriously.

St. Albans Daily Messenger, St. Albans, VT 26 Feb 1900



article | by Dr. Radut