Beeville, TX Barber Shop Fire, Oct 1912

$25,000 Fire At Beeville.

Special To The News.

Beeville, Tex., Oct. 15.-A lighted match in too close proximity to a can of gasoline started a fire this morning that before it was extinguished wrought damage to between $25,000 and $30,000 worth of property.

The alarm was given at 10 o’clock and it was not until nearly the noon hour that the blaze was under control. The fire originated in the rear of George Faupel’s barber shop, where Ed C. Dobie has a tailoring shop. Weldon Burke, an employee, had poured a canful of gasoline preparatory to cleaning a pair of trousers, when he stepped on a match, and in a minute’s time the entire building was enveloped in flames.

The building was a one-story brick, the property of J.C. Beasley.

Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX 17 Oct 1912