Skip to Content

Arlington, TX CB Radio Antenna Accident, Apr 1976

Couple burned while installing CB radio antenna

Mid-Cities Bureau of The News.

ARLINGTON--An Arlington couple suffered multiple burns from an electric shock received when a citizens band radio antenna they were installing on their home touched a power line.

The couple, both in fair condition at Arlington Memorial Hospital late Sunday, wre[sic] identified as Robert Ross, 50, and his wife, Gertrude, both of 3512 S. Cooper. Both received second and third degree burns.

Their granddaughter, Sila Ann Hill, 4, of 1803 Cottonwood, suffered minor burns and was released after treatment.

A fire department investigator said Rosses were installing the antenna about 1 a.m. when the wind brushed it against a 7,500-volt power line.

Firemen said the couple was fortunate the antenna was burned in two and the major part stayed hung in the power line, cutting off the current from the pole they were holding.

Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX 26 Apr 1976



article | by Dr. Radut