Skip to Content

Charleston, SC Fire, Feb 1853

Fire at Charleston.

CHARLESTON, Sunday, Feb. 20. A fire broke out on the northeast corner of King and Mary-streets this morning, consuming Cook's grocery store, HEFENSCHIEL'S bar-room, (in the same building) and HUMMEL'S apothecary store; also, damaging Mr. Cook's dwelling. ...

F. N. BONNEAU, Clerk to the Board of Fire Masters, and F. H. Whitney, a Fire Master, were injured, but not seriously.

The New York Times, New York, NY 22 Feb 1853



article | by Dr. Radut