Allentown, PA Purse Falls Into Fire, Aug 1909

BENDING OVER STOVE $90 GOES UP IN SMOKE

FELL OUT OF MRS. GRANITZ WAIST WHILE SHE WAS COOKING.

ALLENTOWN, Pa., Aug. 7.---As she bent over the fire in the kitchen stove preparing the evening meal a purse containing $90, all the money she had in the world and representing the savings of years, fell out of the bosom of the dress of Mrs. Frank Granitz, of No. 530 North Jordan street, and landed in the fire.

The money was all in bills, and before Mrs. Granitz had time to realize what had happened it was in ashes. She collapsed when she realized her loss and has been sick since.

Wilkes-Barre Times Leader, Wilkes-Barre, PA 7 Aug 1909

Comments

Lesson: a bossom is not the

Lesson: a bossom is not the safest place to keep a life savings.