DuBois, PA Fall From Electric Pole, Sep 1930

30 FOOT FALL PROVES FATAL FOR YOUNG KOT.

ISELIN HEIGHTS STAUDENT SUCCUMBS TO INJURIES CAUSED BY SHOCK RECEIVED ATOP POLE.

WALTER KOT, thirteen-year-old son of Mr. and Mrs. William Kot, of Quarry Avenue, died in the DuBois Hospital at 5 o'clock Saturday morning as the result of injuries he received on Friday afternoon when he came into contact with an electric wire at the top of a pole on Iselin Heights and was burned and thrown thirty feet to the ground by the resultant shock.
His death had been anticipated all during the night and was not a surprise. The child, a student in the Iselin Heights school, had mounted the pole on a dare while on his way home from school. Several of his schoolmates stood by and watched him crawl to the top of the pole, heard him scream as his hands touched the live wires, saw his body swing away from the pole, jerk loose from the wires and fall to the ground.
"He alighted upon his stomach and bounced about three feet," one of the eye-witnesses declared.
The unfortunate boy received a fractured ankle, fractured ribs, punctured lungs and internal injuries from the fall, in addition to severe burns from contact with the live wires.

The Courier-Express DuBois Pennsylvania 1930-09-08