Allegheny Furnace, PA House Fire, Jan 1912

CAN BANK BURNS IN HOME

Savings of Years, Singularly Hoarded, Lost as Dog Jumps.

Altoona, Pa., Jan. 9.---Playfully jumping on the table, a bull terrier upset a lighted lamp in the home of Stanley Galsky, at Allegheny Furnace, while the house, with all its contents, including the dog, was burned.

In a tin can, hidden in a bed, was $250, the savings of years, and this was also consumed. Frantic efforts were made to recover it before the house was doomed, but the flames drove Galsky back.

Evening Post, Frederick, MD 9 Jan 1912