Lima, OH Hook House Fire, Apr 1912

SMALL BLAZE

IS CAUSED BY "HARMLESS" RUBBER HOSE SUNDAY MORNING.

The "harmless" rubber hose connected on a gas stove at the home of William Hook, 116 Harrison avenue, Sunday morning, was responsible for a small blaze which brought the central department to the scene. The hose ignited from the stove and burned the carpet and interior furnishings of the room to the extent of $10. The central de[ineligible line] set its aim high and now ranks [ineligible line].

Chief Mack issued a warning through the columns of the News against the careless use of the rubber hose. Apparently harmless, the connection oftimes catches fire and has been the cause of serious blazes.

Lima News, Lima, OH 8 Apr 1912