Ogdensburg, NY house fire, Dec 1910

FOUR CHILDREN DIE IN FIRE.

Explosion in Their Home Sets Dwelling on Fire While They Sleep.

Special to The Washington Post.

Ogdensburg, N. Y., Dec. 27. - Word just reached here from Warwick of the burning to death of the four young children of Ovide Barite. The explosion of the gas apparatus in the house caused the fire.

The four children who were sleeping in the upper part of the house were burned to death. The father and mother occupied a bedroom downstairs and were severely burned while endeavoring to rescue their children.

The victims were Rachel, aged 7; Lucienne, aged 5; Mariola, 4, and Marie Anne, 3.

The Washington Post, Washington DC 28 Dec 1910