Weedsport, NY House Fire, Feb 1912
OUT INTO THE NIGHT
Family Driven From Burning Home in Nightclothes.
Weedsport, Feb. 2.----The family of G. Wordoski, a Pole., who had recently moved into this vicinity from Syracuse, was driven out in their night clothes last night when fire destroyed their home near this village. The mother, who was in bed ill, is in a critical condition from fright.
Wordoski moved here two months ago and purchased a small farm from Perry Crimm in the town of Cato. Last evening after the family, numbering six, had retired, an overheated stove ignited some of its surroundings and the flames spread. hTe[sic] fire had gained considerable headway when discovered and though efforts were made to extinguish them, the building and furnishings were destroyed at a loss of about $1,000.
Syracuse Herald, Syracuse, NY 2 Feb 1912