Baltimore, MD Asphyxiations, Jan 1931

TWO DIE FROM ESCAPING GAS

BALTIMORE, Jan. 17.--(AP)--Two persons were killed, three others were overcome and thirty-five residents of a block of houses made ill today by fumes which escaped from a gas main into the basement of one home and spread to the others.

Firemen, called by a passing policeman, broke down the doors of one house where there was no answer and found the bodies of Claude M. Wolf and his sister Miss Regina Wolf in their beds. Three persons in the adjoining houses were overcome, but were revived by ambulance crews.

Reno Evening Gazette, Reno, NV 17 Jan 1931