Skip to Content

Anderson, IN Gas Explosion, Nov 1891


ANDERSON, Ind., Nov. 3.---Special Telegram---Last night Stephen Bond, while drunk, entered his residence and opened a door into a room in which gas had escaped. Thee[sic] gas was ignited by a burning jet, resulting in a terrific explosion, totally destroying the house and fatally injuring Bond. He was burned beyond all recognition. The loss on property is $4,500; no insurance. An hour after this explosion a second one occurred, blowing up a residence belonging to Floyd Ellison.

The Daily Inter Ocean, Chicago, IL 4 Nov 1891

article | by Dr. Radut