Madison, IN Two-Year-Old Child Dies 13 August 1926

Madison Courier newspaper, Madison, IN
Friday 13 August 1926; Front Page, Column 4

TWO-YEAR-OLD CHILD DIES

As a Result of Drinking Lye Water Recently

Ruth, the two-year-old daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Casper WOLF, of East Main Street, died last night at 12:30, as a result of drinking lye water, which she found in a bottle at the residence of her parents some few days ago.

The little girl's throat was burned severely by the lye and had been suffering from excruiating pains since she obtained it.

She was a very bright little girl, and altho she was only two years of age, she had a wide circle of friends who will be grieved at the news of her death.

No funeral arrangements have been made.
----------
Madison Courier newspaper, Madison, IN
Saturday 14 August 1926;Page 6, Column 2

Services for Ruth WOLF

Funeral services for little Ruth WOLF, who died yesterday from the poison received from drinking lye water, will be held Monday morning at nine o'clock, at the St. Patrick's Church, of North Madison.

The procession will leave the house on East Main Street, at 8:30. Conveyances will be arranged for friends and relatives.

Interment will be in the North Madison Cemetery.*(St. Patrick's Catholic Cemetery)
----------
Also posted on GenDisasters.com

Ruth Mary WOLF - Find A Grave Memorial# 71870798