Jamestown, IN Child Scalded To Death, Aug 1898

Jamestown Press, Boone Co., Indiana
August 19, 1898
HAZEL VEACH SCALDED TO DEATH IN HOME.
A very distressing accident took place at the home of JOSEPH VEACH, in north west part of Jamestown, last Saturday morning by the scalding death of his little daughter HAZEL, who was not quite four years old.
Mrs. Veach was preparing to do washing and had prepared a tub of scalding hot water on a chair, when the little one stepped up to it while she was away and tipped it on to itself, scalding it most awfully in the face and over the front of the body so severely that it died Sunday morning from the effects. The father and mother have the heart-felt sympathy of all.