Hartford City, IN Powder Accidents, Jul 1905
TWO BURNED BY POWDER.
Hartford City, Ind., July 5.---Frank Lechein may be rendered totally blind as the result of an accident yesterday, while firing an anvil. A premature explosion of two pounds of powder burned his face and it is doubtful if his sight will be saved.
Harriet Hoover had her hand badly burned with Roman candle, and Alexander Whitaker had both eyes burned by the premature explosion of a fire cracker.
Fort Wayne Weekly Sentinel, Fort Wayne, IN 12 Jul 1905