Atlanta, GA Dynamite Cap Explosion, Oct 1912

HATPIN EXPLODES A DYNAMITE CAP

Atlanta Woman Seriously Injured As Result of Mistaking it For Cartridge.

Atlanta, Ga., Oct. 21.----(Special.)---Mistaking a dynamite cap for a exploded cartridge, Mrs. Fitzhugh Lee of Lakewood Heights, probed into it with a hatpin. The explosion which followed tore off her right hand and badly burned her about the face, this afternoon. Mrs. Lee's five children who were watching her had narrow escapes from serious injury.

The Columbus Enquirer-Sun, Columbus, GA 1 Nov 1912