Stanton, DE Jacobs House Fire, Jan 1904

Burned to Death in Dwelling Fire

Two Others in a Critical Condition at New Castle.

NEW CASTLE, Del., Jan. 26. -- Two persons were cremated and two other badly burned in a fire which destroyed four houses in Stanton last night.
The dead are:
STANBURY JACOBS, aged 46.
LENA JACOBS, aged 14.

MRS. JACOBS and her one-year-old child were so badly burned about the body and face that their condition is pronounced critical. The residents of the other houses escaped in their night clothing. The loss is estimated at $15,000. The flames originated from an overheated stove.

The Fort Wayne News Indiana 1904-01-27