New Haven, CT Struck by Hot Metal, Jan 1896

HARKE LOST A TOOTH.

A pupil of the Boardman School Injured by Flying Metal.

Frank Harke, a pupil at the Boardman High School, met with a peculiar accident in the forge room of the school recently. He was hammering a rod of heated iron on the anvil. While bending over his work, a piece of the hot metal flew from the rod and struck him on a lower tooth. The tooth was broken off. Harke was otherwise uninjured. This is the first accident reported in the forge room.

The New Haven Evening Register, New Haven, CT 9 Jan 1896