Skip to Content

Brush, CO House Fire, Jul 1900

L. M. Davis' farm residence about five miles northeast of Brush was burned to the ground last Friday about noon. As near as we can ascertain, the cause of the disaster was caused by firecrackers. It seems that some children were exploding fire-crackers near a bedroom window and that some of the ignited pieces going through the open window set the bed clothing on fire. But very little of the household goods were saved. The Davis family has the sympathy of our people in this misfortune and loss.----Brush Tribune.

Akron Pioneer Press, Akron, CO 20 Jul 1900



article | by Dr. Radut