Loveland, CO Stove Explosion Aug 1924

STOVE EXPLODES IN CAMP.
LOVELAND, Col., Aug. 11.---The explosion in the Loveland camping grounds of a gasoline stove in the tent of the camping outfit of D. H. RODENBERG of Gainesville, Fla., caused the destruction of the tent, together with the camping outfit and the automobile over which the tent was placed. Mr. Rodenberg was lighting the stove preparatory to starting supper, the family having arrived from the Black Hills late in the afternoon where they had been on a pleasure trip. The explosion scattered the flaming liquid and Mr. Rodenberg was seriously burned about the hands and face before he could escape from the flames.

The Evening State Journal and Lincoln Daily News, Lincoln, NE 11 Aug 1924